Thursday, March 16, 2006

~Responsibilities

8:46 AM - 3/16/06

I'm tired. I want nothing more than to just fall back to sleep. ...but as Dolly once said, "People in hell want ice water, that don't mean they get it."

The amount of writing I have to comb through is overwhelming. Reading through it, even just glancing over it, is emotional torture.

There's something very rewarding about it though. I can perceive it as "work"... pretend that I'm really doing something useful and important.

A lot of people bitch about paying into Social Security. They don't think that it's their responsibility to take care of disabled or elderly people who can't take care of themselves.

I try really hard to earn my whopping $33 a day... to be worthy of the fraction of a penny these people pay me out of their hard earned paychecks each year.

I understand the mentality. I used to think that way too. "Get a job!"

I remember walking home from work, after having worked a lot of overtime, having "pan handlers" ask me for my spare change. I was tired, and so I spewed my crap all over them. "Get a job!" I don't want to work either!

Social Security? Why the hell did I have to take care of other people? They weren't MY responsibility. I was in my twenties, what the hell did I care about "retirement"?

They say that "The Lord works in mysterious ways." Some speak of "Karma".

All I can say is, don't spit against the wind.

No comments: