Wednesday, March 8, 2006

~Multiple Sclerosis Awareness



So, it's coming up on "MS Awareness Week". Shoot, the way I see it, I think that my blog is doing a fine job of making people aware of MS.

That said though, I was thinking that I might do a little something extra. Although the effect that MS has on my life is apparent, if you've been reading, or if you read my archives, it doesn't exactly capture what MS did to me, my life, and the lives of those around me, up until I started this blog.

So, I had an idea. (Hey! Get back here! It's not that bad!) My idea is this...

The first time MS affected me profoundly, was in June of 1983. That's almost 23 years ago. Through all of it, I've been writing. Whether online or off, it was only the rare occasion that I didn't write, at least, a sentence or two, daily. So, I have lots and lots of writing. Even with having gotten rid of (yes, I'm still beating myself up for it) a lot of it, I still have volumes.

So, my plan is to post one piece of writing from each of the 23 years, giving people an idea of just how MS affected my life. It'll be a project, and (thanks to MS) it won't be the easiest thing for me to do, but I want to try.

There you have it. Stay tuned, I suppose. If you want, in honor of "MS Awareness Week", read some of my archives, if you haven't already. MS is not easy to live with, and it's brutal to die with. If nothing else, I hope that people who read my blog get a better picture of this disease, and what it can do to people. We're not all Terri Garr.

No comments: